Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen messes up when going fullscreen on video games  (Read 7151 times)

Flizzull

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Screen messes up when going fullscreen on video games
    « on: January 29, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
    So, I'm having trouble whenever I try to go fullscreen or close out of fullscreen on every game I play, and I can't change most of them to windowed mode. This is fairly annoying, and it happens frequently, though it doesn't happen every time. Most of the time, I have to restart the laptop. I can put the screen down and raise it back up, and it temporarily fixes the problem until I have to close out. Either that, or it restarts the computer. I have posted a picture below of what it looks like. Any help with this is appreciated. I have updated my video drivers, also. Thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Screen messes up when going fullscreen on video games
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
    I can put the screen down and raise it back up, and it temporarily fixes the problem

Looks like the display itself is on its way out. Closing the laptop and reopening it is basicaly shutting off display and turning it back on.

If closing and opening didnt fix it I'd be looking at a cooked GPU possibly.

Options right now are to replace the display with an OEM part once you locate the correct part # or display and then search amazon or ebay for a good display to replace this display with.

OR - Turn this computer into a desktop if you already have a spare display that can plug into the auxilary VGA port if this laptop has one and use that display instead.

Sometimes you can get lucky and buy an exact model dead unit with a good display on ebay for around $70 and swap display over and have other extra parts if needed later such as maybe good hard drive, optical drive, keyboard etc for any parts needed later on.