Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .net Framework 4 issues  (Read 5733 times)

Criss

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    .net Framework 4 issues
    « on: February 04, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »
    Okay so I accidently installed two copies of .net 4 framework which caused a error. I followed the instructions to remove it and when I tried to reinstall It wouldn't let me reinstall. This is the error I got

OS Version = 6.1.7601, Platform 2, Service Pack 1
    OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1
    CommandLine = C:\d8e920387de0a9fdda\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64
    TimeZone = Eastern Standard Time
    Initial LCID = 1033
    Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
    Operation: Installing
    Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup
    Package Version = 4.0.30319
    User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
    Number of applicable items: 9
    Exe (C:\d8e920387de0a9fdda\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    ServiceControl operation succeeded!
    ServiceControl operation succeeded!
    Exe (C:\d8e920387de0a9fdda\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0x240006 - (null).
    Exe (C:\d8e920387de0a9fdda\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    MSI (C:\d8e920387de0a9fdda\netfx_Core_x64.msi) Installation failed. Msi Log: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup_20130204_115323603-MSI_netfx_Core_x64.msi.txt
    Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:03:45).

Can someone help me please?

TechnoGeek

Re: .net Framework 4 issues
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »
    What versions of Microsoft .NET Framework are listed in add/remove programs?
    You should see, at most, any combination of:
    4 Client Profile
    4 Extended
    and possibly (but not likely) some with Multi-Targeting Pack.

It's also possible the error you mentioned at the start isn't actually because of installing 2 copies (which shouldn't happen anyway) but because of some other factor instead. Posting the actual error may help diagnose the issue further.

Criss

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »
      I actually know its because it was because I installed two copies (Errors didn't start happening till then)
      Here is the errors (Well a form of it,sometimes it changes 1 or 2 things but its always .net 4 framework stuff)

Criss

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »
        Im assuming this is what you meant,unless you mean the error I get trying to install .net 4,cause all it says is "Fatal Error" and gives me those logs

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »
        I found this information and troubleshooting steps from the knowledge base. I'm not sure if you've tried it, I got some hits to other posts that may have been you, so I apologize if I'm leading you in circles :P

Error codes “0x80070643” or “0x643” occur when you install the .NET Framework updates.

Some 'generic' stuff you could give a go, though- you could try running sfc /scannow in the run dialog (Windows Key+R). This could fix any issues with the Windows Installer Database which could be causing these sorts of issues.

Another thing to try is uninstalling every .NET Framework version, then install the version you need for the software you are trying to run. One utility you can use for cleanup is the dotnet Cleanup Tool, and remove all versions. Then you can install using the standalone .NET 4.0 installer (to avoid possible issues from the standard web installer).

Unfortunately the error code the CLR gives (800040005) translates to a less than helpful "unspecified error", so there isn't a lot to go on. The error lists some log files that might have extra information on the problem if you can find and attach them to a post.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.