Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Help with Drivers!  (Read 2148 times)

Crosshairs

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Need Help with Drivers!
    « on: February 09, 2013, 03:11:23 PM »
    Okay, I ordered a Wireless PCI adapter from Amazon because I am moving soon and I won't have any points in my new house for CAT-5. The PCI Adapter I have is a "TP-LINK TL-WN951N Wireless PCI Adapter". It got here in the mail, I downloaded and installed the latest driver and software from TP-LINK's website then shutdown windows, popped the adapter in, booted windows, windows recongnized it and it worked like a charm. 2 days later I boot up my computer that day, and the adapter was not working. It was not popping up in the "change adapter settings" page on Windows like it should and was before. So I started trouble shooting, I reinstalled the latest drivers and software again. That didn't work, so I tried installing the drivers from the CD that the product came with. No dice eaither. I always get, "Drivers were not successfully installed". Whenever I got into the Device Manager and go into the properties of the Adapter. Under Status it says, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I wasn't done yet, I even tried all of that again with the second PCI slot I have on my motherboard and still the same problem. So fed up, I called TP-LINK customer support and I got some chinese ladies that didn't know anything about a computer. On top of that, I could hardly understand them. All they wanted was my e-mail and phone number then actaully wanting to help me. I don't know what to do anymore. :'( 

I have a custom built PC and here are the specs.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE 970A-UD3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (Overclocked 3.5GHz)
    Graphics Card: Sapphire 6870 1GB DDR5
    RAM: 16GB (1333MHz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
    HDD: 1TB HDD
    PSU: Corsair CX600 Watt
    PC Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need Help with Drivers!