Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LEARNING THE COMPUTER DOING A+ BUT...  (Read 3423 times)

DOMO79

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    LEARNING THE COMPUTER DOING A+ BUT...
    « on: February 07, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »
    I don't understand Iguess path-files, registry and CMP.  I think these all link together but are taught seperate?  I mean I can trouble shoot hardware, software issues and viruses.  But my problem is, that's because things are automatic. i thinkleanring this would help if Iever had to do things manually.

I was first looking at windows 7 tutorials and couldnt find these weird folder names, I found out there in the C drive and there things like windows32, temp, registry and so on. so i guess that's why I couldn't find it in the start menu and the start menu tutorials.  anyway. not sure were to go from here. can somene help me out or point me in the right direction? it seems ti me, correct me if I 'm wrong. that leanring registry, path-files maybe directories, will help in understanding more advance windows 7 knowledge. Like x86 i knwo that's a software, i know windows 32 is windows software and I know diskcheck, misconfig is what you type in CMP but not sure why and what this is cold? directoires? so maybe someone can see where I'm lost and once I figure this ut. i think things will make sense.  I'm doing a A+ course, hands on refurbishing class and a windows 7 configuration class. i'm new ot computers but these classes seem to not mention this stuff and only focus on hardware,windows configuartion kind of deals with managment and disk proportion so they go hand in hand with each other along with common  internet secuirty., but doesnt exsplain the folders. start menu just shows a few folders but then clickon C drive and you got a whole bunch of weird folders. I need to knwo what all this stuff is. I hope some one can help me

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: LEARNING THE COMPUTER DOING A+ BUT...
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:15:12 PM »
    So you want to know everything there is to know about Windows but are unwilling to take the time to do so?  Your expectations are too high, there is no easy way.  There is no pill you can take to make you a computer genius.
    The only thing that would work is The Teacher used here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spock%27s_Brain

DOMO79

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
      I don't think you understand. I am willing to learn, but not sure how and what I listed is what I should be looking up. should I start with path-files, directoires, registry?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:31:20 PM »
      DOMO79, You are already doing the A+ course. All of the information found in the A+ materials  is relevant. Understanding the hardware is needed if you are gong to refurnish computers.

If you wish to become a software engineer, you need to change your objective. The MCSE c(Microsoft Certified Software Engineer) is for  people who specialize in software only.

If you are a resident of California, search for
      University of California Online
      Otherwise, if over the pend look at
      http://centralgreenwichcollege.com/mcse.php
      Both offer MSCE courses.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 02:35:26 PM »
      I deleted your duplicate post. One thread per topic please.

jchunk

Rookie
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:30:05 AM »
        learn it all. I have my a+ book right next to my windows internals book, right next to my ccna, right next to my html/css book. Do i understand them all- *censored* no but if its a passion of your any information is its own reward. Registry specifics is not cover in a+.
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong!"