Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best antivirus software easily administred on a a network  (Read 3479 times)

KAJE

Topic Starter

Rookie

Best antivirus software easily administred on a a network
    « on: February 14, 2013, 12:50:52 AM »
    am trying to source for the best antivirus that i can implement for my network of 60 computers with my server able to update the antivirus automatically when updates are available. following this you can propose some assistance materials for guidance in setting up and configurations for that particular antivirus.
    thanx

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Best antivirus software easily administred on a a network
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »
    For a business with 60 important systems, I'd go with Norton Endpoint, however I haven't used the Endpoint version yet. In the past I supported corporate networks running Norton AV Corporate Edition and we had a single server that was used to manage updates to all 400+ clients. Norton is also costly and there may be a cheaper way to go however when it comes to being the IT guru of a $120 million a year food store chain, we couldnt cut any corners and they could afford the licensing required. The prior Norton AV Corporate Edition was very easy to manage. We never had any issues with this, and we had a laptop that almost got infected by an employee letting their son use it for limewire P2P and when it reconnected to the network I was alerted immediately to its attempted infection in quarantine and the virus name and details.

http://www.symantec.com/endpoint-protection-small-business-edition-2013