Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Difficult Motherboard  (Read 2958 times)

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Difficult Motherboard
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:31:29 AM »
I've got a Foxconn A76ML-K 3.0 motherboard with a failed RAM module. The computer originally came with two dual channel DDR3-1333's, one of which has failed. So swap out the defective module with a working replacement. One problem though is that foxconn don't list supported RAM and most RAM of this type is 1.8V-1.9V, crucial recommend 1.5V stuff only. Also the remaining good module has a bizarre latency of 9-9-9-25 (9-9-9-24 is normal).

So I have no idea what sort of memory this motherboard supports. This is all the information that I can gleam off of foxconn: "Dual channel DDR3 1333/1066 x 2 DIMMs, Max 8GB"
So only dual channel is supported?
What Voltages?
Timing limitations?
Configuration limitations? (E.g. My mobo will not run its RAM full speed with a full complement of modules)

Also on the note of configuration limitations, the mobo in question does not run its memory at the correct speed (even when manually set to) it will only run them at 533Mhz instead of 667Mhz.

This manufacturer is a nightmare and I have a headache. If anyone else would like to take a stab at it, it would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:51:33 AM by Accessless »

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Difficult Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 06:54:09 AM »