Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downloads Timing Out  (Read 2777 times)

ethron

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Downloads Timing Out
    « on: February 27, 2013, 05:25:24 AM »
    Hi, I am wondering if someone can solve my problems with downloads stopping at (almost complete) and a time out window appears. I have adjusted the registry to 240 sec to time out and Firefox browser extended the timeout. These have both had no effect. I use IDM and get reasonable D/L speeds with Vivid Wireless. I have attached a log of a download that stopped at around 99% and I hope somebody can give me a clue from this. Thanking You. Ron. :(

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Downloads Timing Out
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
    Contact the people that sold you the movie and ask for your money back.

Is this the movie you were  downloading? What do they charge for then download? It is a recent flick and I hunk it would be very costly.
    Instead of a download, you could buy it and have it shipped to you in a couple of days.

Wait, I forgot to ask where you live. Here in the USA that movies is not ready for streaming or download. In what country do they let you download it?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Downloads Timing Out
    « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »
    Just took a look at Amazon. They will stream it to your for about $4 for a one-time view.  8)