Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wheel Mouse  (Read 4906 times)

sneuendorf

Wheel Mouse
« on: July 16, 2004, 08:58:44 AM »
I just upgraded to windows xp pro from 98 SE and everything seems to work fine except there are 2 programs I use (Function Point Workbench and Lotus Notes) where the mouse wheel will no longer scroll the main windows. It still works in menus and lists, but the main windows now only will scroll with the scroll bar.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make the mouse wheel scroll work within an application.

Thanks,

Steve

Joleen

Re: Wheel Mouse
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 09:40:39 AM »
You can try upgrading the mouse drivers.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 09:48:38 AM »
If that does not work, you could either try updating both programs or reinstalling them.

sneuendorf

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 08:58:55 AM »
Thank you,

I did upgrade the drivers and reinstalled both programs. Neither seemed to make a difference. I was hoping there was a setting somewhere that would help.

Thanks,

Steve

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 09:06:02 AM »
Did you contact technical support?

sneuendorf

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 01:23:23 AM »
Thank you,

I did not on the Notes product, since I can manage the length of my lists where scrolling is not needed, and also, I am supposed to be getting an upgrade to that product soon, so I thought to wait and see.

I did write the support for the other product and they have not written back for over 1 week. Usually, if they have an answer, they reply right back.

Thanks,

Steve