Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deleting User Accounts at log on screen? Can I?  (Read 3765 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Deleting User Accounts at log on screen? Can I?
    « on: March 05, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »
    I've got a couple of these drives in my other post, that work ok, but they are small drives, some 20 gig, 10 gig a 4 or less. A couple are 40 gig, some 60's, a 120 Gig and a 250, which are ok as well. The smaller ones have jurasic Operating Systems like Win 98SE, 2000 and some XP.

They go to the startup screen and have a user account log on icon, typically Admin, Mary, Bob, Fred, Joes computer and guest etc.
    It varies with whichever drive is in the desktop.

What happens if I delete the User Accounts for all users on a drive? :-\

Will it just go through the post and straight into the Start screen?

Can I bypass the user account log on screen at all without deleting the UA's?

Playing with these drives gives me a good chance to try things like this, because I dont really care if I stuff something up. I can always format them and plonk them in another desktop as a slave. ;D

Thank you for your input. ImnoGuru.
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Deleting User Accounts at log on screen? Can I?
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »
    In Windows XP all user accounts on on the same drive or partition unless somebody has made some alteration. And users that have little data take very little space on the drive. If you want, you can reduce the number of users, but that is not what I recommend. At some time you may want have a friend use your computer. Let him use another account and he will not mess your settings.

But it is your choice, not mine. So here you go:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282866
    How to automatically log on to a user account in Windows XP
    Read it over. First you remove the other accounts and turn off the guest. Then do as the above article says.