Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: installation on windows 7 home form windows 7 pro  (Read 3275 times)

SJH

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    installation on windows 7 home form windows 7 pro
    « on: March 06, 2013, 09:03:59 PM »
    I am currently using windows 7 pro and have been on the microsoft website and bought windows 7 home. I have backed up all my files etc as I thought it would of been a clean install but when I went to install it i got a message saying I had to buy windows 7 product key and something about windows set up.
    Microsoft have not been helpful and I am at my wits end I have spent a lot of time and money on this and have hit the wall ...can someone please explain what I have to do but in real laymans terms please.
    Thanks in advance
    I use a samsung laptop with my life on it running 64 bit?????? (apparently)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: installation on windows 7 home form windows 7 pro
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »
    Not sure why the downgrade from Pro to Home but thats none of my business...
    I can tell you however that the Win activation hotline which is an 800 # and toll free works great from all my past experience...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: installation on windows 7 home form windows 7 pro
    « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
    If it was a legitimate Windows 7 Home disc, it should have come with a product key on the case. If that's the case and you're still having an issue with activation, you need to ask Microsoft as Patio said.