Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please HELP with '.xml' file extension!  (Read 4213 times)

Aeoulythe

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Please HELP with '.xml' file extension!
    « on: March 07, 2013, 01:37:53 AM »
     ;D Hi, first off, I simply wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to look into this minor problem. A while back, I did some meandering on my laptop and aimlessly clicked through different programs, checking, un-checking, deleting, and what not. Now, I recently purchased Sony's ACID Music Studio 9.0, every time I make an attempt to double-click the '.xml' files (which I believe are also the music riffs) I get the following:

"This file cannot be added to ACID Music Studio projects. The File type may not be supported.

Would you like to open the file using the associated application?"

I have also made an attempt to click and drag the '.xml' files into the music timeline, but nothing happens!
     I do not know if it was because of my whimsical clicking through my laptop, and I cannot seem to remember what I've done to my laptop. I have Windows 7 with familiar experience with computers.
     I have also made searches for help through online search engines to no avail and now have pretty much lost all hope! So, I find myself here.
     Could anyone possibly help me find a way to get my laptop to get these '.xml' files to work? Because, I surely want the best out of my purchase, and I want to be well on my way into making music!
     Once again, I thank all of you for your views and help into this situation ;D Have a spectacular one!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Please HELP with '.xml' file extension!
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
    In the years I have used PCs, I never had a good reason to run a .XML file.
    The XML is a special  computer code  used by programs. Seldom, if ever would a user want to do anything with it.
    It may or may not be a part of the music. Who knows?
    As of 2009, hundreds of document formats using XML syntax have been developed,[7] including RSS, Atom, SOAP, and XHTML. XML-based formats have become the default for many office-productivity tools, including Microsoft Office (Office Open XML), OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice (OpenDocument), and Apple's iWork. XML has also been employed as the base language for communication protocols, such as XMPP.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML
    From the above you can see it is not tied to music. It is a common code used to 'glue'  pats of internal stuff that makes sense only to advanced software people.

Do not alter the XML things. For more information, rared the documentation of
     Sony's ACID Music Studio 9.0,
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/manuals/acidfamily
    Hope this helps.  :D
    Please come back an d let all know if you like ACID Music Studio.

Aeoulythe

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Please HELP with '.xml' file extension!
      « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:45:07 AM »
       ;D Geek-9pm, I appreciate your reply! I'll take a look into it! And, I'll definitely let you all know how well ACID Music Studio is! Be safe!