Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Advanced systemcare ultimate antivirus / Avast ? Help please!  (Read 11736 times)

emolewson

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hi,I heard that anti viruses could ruin the performance or slow down the computer itself
    So when i knew it i disabled my avast,I never do scaning anymore
    I'm a gamer so i tried so many utilities to increase performance like CCleaner, Advanced system care 6, etc..
    The utilities mentioned above are what i used to use now,Since i knew about advanced systemcare ultimate which has all in one (Iobit.com 's   utility) I got so excited on trying it so i bought it
    And ASC ultimate have an anti virus in it,So i'm wondering if AVC ultimate have any differences between avast or ASC ultimate?
    And if anti viruses really slow down our computer, Should the anti virus be uninstalled on our pc or never to scan ? and i want to know which one between avast and ASC ultimate makes my computer slow And is it necessary to use anti viruses anyway? It removes viruses well yeah but people said it slows down computer so i'm confused
    My father put avast since i bought my new laptop and i don't remember ever if i scanned it or not but still i'm worried
    And i feel bad to uninstall it , but if it's necessary then i have to do what's best for me right? well if disabling it would be enough then that would be good..

If you got more information please feel free to share because i wanted to know more and it could help other people who reads this  :)

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Advanced systemcare ultimate antivirus / Avast ? Help please!
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 07:10:29 AM »
    Please do not post the same question more than once. I deleted the duplicate.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:33 AM »

You should always have an Anti-virus installed. I use Avast Free Edition and scan once a week.

I used to use Advanced System Care, but it was a big resource hogger so i un-installed it.

IMO, just use Avast and scan regularly.
    11 cheers for binary !

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
    I agree with reddevilggg.  I also use Avast Free Edition in my Windows XP and Windows 7 systems.  Under certain circumstances such as gaming, perhaps you could temporarily disable your antivirus. But, I really don't know whether this is safe since I'm not a gamer. If you want to try doing this, then I think you should first do some research to try to get some solid information about how safe your gaming arena is.

emolewson

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »
      Please do not post the same question more than once. I deleted the duplicate.

Appologies!

emolewson

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 11:20:44 AM »
        You should always have an Anti-virus installed. I use Avast Free Edition and scan once a week.

I used to use Advanced System Care, but it was a big resource hogger so i un-installed it.

IMO, just use Avast and scan regularly.

Appreciate for the reply,Thank you!

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 12:26:49 PM »
        The difference between Advanced System Care and Avast are that ACS is what's commonly known as a protection "suite"...that is it's supposed to be an all in one protection package that does many things...whereas Avast is a stand alone anti-virus app...

Personally after testing ACS on my PC awhile back it didn't last long.
        You're mileage may vary...
        The key to remember is to only have one A/V app installed at one time so choose wisely and go from there...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "