Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .PPP document  (Read 3013 times)

dinkie

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    .PPP document
    « on: March 20, 2013, 02:04:37 PM »
    The atttachment to an email is a .PPP document, and my computer is not allowing me to open it.  I am on wondows 7, a fairly new computer with lots of bells a whistles.  Do I need another programme to be able to open this file.  Thank you in advance, Edna

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: .PPP document
    « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »
    You need to figure out what software this file.ppp was created under. Once you know that then your system needs this same software installed or a reader if there is one. One common hit on google for the .ppp file extension is a british desktop publishing program such as linked here: http://www.serif.com/desktop-publishing-software/

based on info contained here: http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/ppp I have never used the software available for download at this site, so download/install/use at own risk.

dinkie

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
      Thank you for your prompt reply, Dave.  I sense a note of caution.  I think I will go back to the sender and ask for some more information, or a different format.  It is normally in PDF from from this person.  So I will go down that route first.  Thank you for your input, Edna.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
      It's a PagePlus document that is a common blogospere app used...
      It should open properly in Word.
      A better thing for the sender to do is send you a link to the Topic/article they wanted you to see...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "