Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not authorised  (Read 4013 times)

charlie966

not authorised
« on: October 09, 2005, 08:17:29 AM »
can anybody help. I get lots of placeholders on web sites that used to show pictures. I am running xp home and have just had my motherboard and processor replaced, before that everything was fine. I have got Java installed and it is running "apparently" I am also denied access to some sites that i used to visit, saying that i am not authorised to view the page. Somebody give me some clues please. Oh and i have tried setting all my internet options to default to no avail. ???

GX1_Man

Re: not authorised
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 09:46:15 AM »
Is it your security settings or theirs, is the question. What happened before the difficulties?

charlie966

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 12:44:07 PM »
I had no probs at all before, I could look at whatever i wanted to on the net. I was running pro before, but know I am running home edition, make a difference?
Oh and what the *censored* is linux???????and why should i have it? :P

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 12:51:27 PM »
Linux is another Operating System. Some people like it, but I don't  :P lol  It's more for a large business... Anyway... Let's try the basic routine steps... Have you scanned for viruses and Spyware? Is there another user on this computer? Are there any Internet control setting installed such as Firewalls and Parental Controls? The change in OS should not make a difference... What sites are these? If they are forums for example, you might have been banned.... Or, if you are visiting a page, it might have been altered by it's host... So check to make sure this happens on other computers before assuming it's yours. Let us know when you get this information  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 01:20:02 PM »
Linux is another Operating System. Some people like it, but I don't  :P lol  It's more for a large business
[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame,

I'm ashamed of you. This isn't quite Microsoft FUD, but still......

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:53:57 PM »
LOL sorry, but I like XP more than Linux. It seems like there is more compatibility and more stability...  ;)  Just a personal opinion  ;D

[glb]Flame[/glb]

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 02:11:33 PM »
Agreed. Just a personal opinion on BOTH of those points. Linux works well for me for absolutely EVERYTHING (except Windows based games, and some of them work too!)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 02:12:31 PM »
Yes lol  Agreed  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]