Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: android emulators  (Read 3872 times)

gord99

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    android emulators
    « on: March 28, 2013, 10:27:13 AM »
    I'd like to play some of the old SNES etc. games on my phone.  I got an emulator from the Google PlayStore but I see I need to get the games somewhere. Any advice?  Thanks!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: android emulators
    « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
    I have yet to find any legal ones available for download. The only games playable through computer  that are Nintendo that I have seen are the ones which you pay a subscription fee to play while connected to the internet and this way Nintendo is getting paid for use of the games though this game service. Nintendo still owns the rights to these ROM's, and the only ones out there that I have seen are ROM RIPPED, although I did find a Super Mario Brothers almost 10 years ago that was very much like the original for NES that was written from scratch mimic'ing Nintendo's original game, but yet also had its differences in maps, sounds, textures, and controls. So I played this game for a short while since it wasnt an illegal ROM RIP but someones mimic creation of the original. Probably the only thing illegal with this mimic'ed game is that they used the Mario Name which Nintendo owns the rights to. They probably should have named it differently.