Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8 problem  (Read 5867 times)

PixelKiller

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows 8 problem
    « on: April 01, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »
    after updating windows 8 through the windows update, the PC wont boot after a restart, it does the standard loading upon start, but wen it starts to load the login screen, te screen goes to black, no warning, no error message, nothing, due to (dumb) changes to windows 8, i cannot access the BIOS on startup, to change the load order in order to load up a USB or disc drive first in order to use a recovery disc, i cannot access anything whatsoever at this point, keyboard or mouse wont work due to load order, and function keys wont work when the screen goes black.

i have already tried a USB based recovery disc, didnt work.

i have also tried burning the windows 8 install onto a disc using iso burning, imgburner, and daemontools, all 3 utilities did not work.

i have managed to fix this problem before by PURE luck, due to a (apparently rare) glitch when opening the disc drive upon startup, which brings up the "windows seems to have failed to start: advanced options or restart" <-- this will NOT come up no matter how many times i try, i have already reset the laptop 30+ times by now, and still no fix.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows 8 problem
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »
    Shift +F8 now for safe mode and Advanced Boot Menu...
    From Advanced you can run a Repair Install without the DVD...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "