Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black Band Top & Bottom of Monitor  (Read 5284 times)

02bin3

Black Band Top & Bottom of Monitor
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:46:15 AM »
Last night when I shut my Lenovo, Windows 7 Professional,  desktop down everything was running fine, however, this morning when I started it up, there is a black band, about 1/2" wide at the top and bottom of my main monitor.  I run dual Acer monitors, an AL1906 & an AL1916.  The bands are on the AL1916.  I tried pushing the buttons at the bottom of the monitor to see if there was any way of adjusting the screen, however, if it is there, I couldn't figure it out.  The monitors are probably from 2006 & 2007 and are used nearly everyday for at least 12 hours a day.  I don't know if this is a problem that could be a sign of it getting just plain old & tired or if downloading a driver for it would put it back to normal.  The Video Card is a NVDIA GeForce GT 430 that I installed when I got the computer about 8 months ago as it did not have dual monitor capabilities.  Thank You,

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Black Band Top & Bottom of Monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »
It's possible that, under your graphic card settings, you have 'Keep Aspect Ratio' enabled.

It's also possible that the display resolution has been altered slightly.

02bin3

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 11:55:50 AM »
Thank you, Carbon Dudeoxide, for steering me in the right direction.  I found the NVDIA settings, and for whatever reason, the 1916 monitor was set at 1280 x 800, while the 1906 monitor was set at 1280 x 1024.  I changed the settings on the 1916 to the higher setting, and the black bands disappeared.  Problem solved.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »
Good job! Glad to help! :)