Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Software Suggestions ... to improve skills with electric guitar  (Read 3507 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
I bought a Black Ibanez GRG150 as seen here from a local dealer: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GRG150BKN?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CKrVvebvxbYCFQtyQgod0xUAcQ

And a Roland Cube 40XL Amp as seen here: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-CUBE-40XL-40W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-106501562-i1660086.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&kpid=106501562

As well as a nice high quality headset that is comfortable for hours of jamming and perfecting my skills as well as cable so I can line-in from my amp to my netbook to record and edit recordings using a Unlicensed Trial Version of Wavepad Sound Editor Masters Edition which is free to use for home use from http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

Looking for any low cost or free software that can help me brush up on my skills that may be able to  sample what I am playing against what i should be playing and tell me if I get the sound just right or not. Sort of like a guitar hero, but playing a REAL GUITAR vs just mashing buttons as the video game has you do.

I have seen tuner apps that for example tell you if the strings are tensioned/tuned correctly and was thinking there has to be a software out there that can run you through a process like the game simon, but instead of 4 colors to match it starts off with say 1 note, then 2 notes, and if you get it correct it moves on to 3 notes etc, and if not correct you have to repeat it, and based on how many attempts were made to try to perfect the notes the software will either move on to the next more complicated or have you play it once again to make sure you nailed it and are ready to move on.

Also Looking for any other software suggestions that people have for sound recording, editing, as well as tutorials.

Pretty much use to jam with my friends electric guitar like 20 years ago, and I have had the urge to get one for a few years and recent tax return made it possible to spend $600 ( guitar, amp, guitar bag, and all accessories including a tuner which I later found out that the amp has a built in tuner function). Hooked it all up and even with the 20 year gap in playing its like riding a bicycle you never forget once learned, BUT! I know that I need to really work at it if I want to play anything good vs the slow easy stuff with lots of repetition and slow string/finger manipulations.

I brought it home and set it up in another part of the house and started jamming with it and my wife ran to the noise and said, " Are you having a midlife crisis!!!? " I was like NO!...LOL ... I always wanted this but never had the money to get it all until now, so even though I am 37 going on 38. Its not a midlife crisis, I just want to jam on my own and have fun with it..LOL  ;D  She thinks I am going to grow my hair long again like it use to be 8 years ago and play in a band... I laughed and said I doubt that will be happening to me, as for my intentions are mainly for the fun of it, not to make any money playing it.  :P

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Software Suggestions ... to improve skills with electric guitar
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »
You're in denial...
It is a mid-life crisis....
Go buy a Harley before she gives up and moves out.... ;D
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke