Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Word Press templates for Mobile Devices.  (Read 4329 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Need Word Press templates for Mobile Devices.
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:36:48 AM »
It sis for a new project, not my present blog.
My preference is to use Word Press.  Not just because I am lazy, but I do not have the time and skill too do it the hard way.

So I was won wondering if anybody here has had good results using a mobile theme s (templates) for the free version of Word Press. :)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
Re: Need Word Press templates for Mobile Devices.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 04:01:40 AM »
WP-Touch plugin.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 06:05:37 AM »
Another Plugin worth looking into is the "WordPress Mobile Pack"; from the plugin description:

The WordPress Mobile Pack is a complete toolkit to help mobilize your WordPress site and blog. It includes a mobile switcher, filtered widgets, and content adaptation for mobile device characteristics. Activating this plugin will also install a selection of mobile themes by ribot, a top UK mobile design team, and Forum Nokia. These adapt to different families of devices, such as Nokia and WebKit browsers (including Android, iPhone and Palm). If enabled, your site will be listed on mpexo, a directory of mobile-friendly blogs. Also check out the documentation and the forums. If you like the plugin, please rate us on the WordPress directory. And if you don't, let us know how we can improve it!
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »
Another option is to look for a template that is described as "responsive".  Instead of having a separate template for a mobile site, you would have one template that adjusts to different screen sizes. for example if the resolution falls below a certain level, the navigation bar will change into a drop down menu triggered by a button.

A good example of responsive design is Bootstrap from Twitter.  You can see how it works by viewing http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap in both a desktop browser and a mobile device (or by shrinking the browser window to a smaller size).

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
Wow! Glad I asked.  :)
All of the above were helpful. Now I have enough stuff to keep me busy of awhile.
Thanks to hall.  :)

VeteransPcRepair

• My blog
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »
Another way to find mobile themes is to log into your admin area in wordpress.  After logging in go to your dashboard, then click on change theme completely.  At the top of the next page click on install themes, right next to manage themes.  After the next page comes up type in mobile, click on search and all of the themes that come up should be mobile themes.  Hope this helps also.