Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Faster destkop search  (Read 3017 times)

Technoid

Faster destkop search
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:35 PM »
I need to find all the files created on a specific day. The default Windows search takes to long. I've been looking for faster desktop search programs, which isn't to hard, but I can't find one that searches for files created on a specific date without having to search for a name. Is there any program that can do this?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Faster destkop search
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »
If you know then date, and if you known you stored in in My Documents, you can shorten the search  time tenfold.
File name is *.*
Give the exact date.
Look in My Documents.
Of course, you should make it a habit to always keep r documents in the My Documents folder, or a sub folder.

Salmon Trout

Re: Faster destkop search
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 01:26:41 AM »
Mythicsoft's Agent Ransack (which is a free version of their File Locator Pro) is IMHO very good - I have been using it in Windows XP and Windows 7 for some time - you can leave the file type blank (all files) or use a wild card and also choose a date or range of dates for each of these or just one: created/modified/last accessed, and lots more (lots!), export results to text or csv. A very powerful tool, you can add it to the right click menu in Windows Explorer, and it's fast too. I don't work for them!

http://www.mythicsoft.com/page.aspx?type=agentransack&page=home