Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Qosmio X870 ?  (Read 2783 times)

cadysan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Toshiba Qosmio X870 ?
    « on: May 06, 2013, 07:05:15 PM »
    Hey guys and gals, I've had my laptop for about 5-6 weeks. Its a Toshiba Qosmio X870  and I have never replaced the battery . The past 3 weeks or so the battery can only charge when the computer is off or in a low power state. If its on and plugged in it will still lose its charge unless its already at 100%. On a full charge without being plugged in it only holds its charge for about 1 hour on "power saver". This makes it extremely hard to use it as a portable device so i'm trying to find a way to troubleshoot the problem without having to buy a new battery or laptop. Unfortunately I need it for the next few months in some of my classes so its kind of urgent.Thanks for your help!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Toshiba Qosmio X870 ?
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
    Have you look up into the warranty period/policy if its still returnable?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Toshiba Qosmio X870 ?
    « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
    I'd also go the warranty route. Sounds like the power demands are greater than the power supply can keep up with or there is a problem internally to the laptop that is acting like an amperage bottleneck in the charging circuit. This could be a wrong value component mfg defect or defective component.