Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: d3derr  (Read 9943 times)

sajjad0044

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    d3derr
    « on: May 14, 2013, 02:16:15 AM »
    Hi

We’ve bought the program IGI 2 from Codemasters. When we start the program the following error message appears:

Fatal error:

Couldn’t get device caps

DirectX error message: D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE
    File: \project\igi2\B\2\PC\pc_direct3d.c line: 2634

We run Windows XP.

Can anybody tell me what to do? I’ve tried to reinstall the version directX 8.1 (as supplied with the game CD), tried downloading version 9 from microsoft , but this didn’t help either.

Thanks!

sajjad

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: d3derr
    « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:52:12 AM »
    Did you download the DirectX runtime update, or the full package?  If you did the smaller update, I would go ahead and grab the full package, which you can find here - http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/ - it's a large download, 95MB, because it includes all the older files and updates.
    If that doesn't help, I would next update your graphics driver.  You can check what graphics card you have by right clicking on the desktop, clicking screen resolution, then advanced, and under "adapter type" will be your graphics card or at least series.  If you post what you have, we can give you a link to the latest drivers so you can update or reinstall them.