Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard Problem I think.  (Read 2683 times)

Lostbow

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Motherboard Problem I think.
    « on: May 14, 2013, 12:42:36 PM »
    So basically I have been looking every to try and get this fixed and before it wasn't a big problem but now I can't even start my computer without a ps/2 keyboard which is really weird. My problem is when the computer starts it shows the normal bios screen but then it goes to a black page that says "can't find any device" and if I am using my new usb keyboard it gets frozen there with my old usb keyboard it wouldn't freeze, If I connect my new keyboard into ps/2 it boots fine. This is the screen I am talking about getting stuck on

I really need a fix for this I am tired of hooking my keyboard up to ps/2 every time i want to turn on my computer. Also my ps/2 port has a couple bent pins and only works if the connecter is bent the right way so its a hassle to keep in ps/2.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Motherboard Problem I think.
    « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
    Replace the CMOS battery...Part # CR 2032....
    Available anywhere including WallyWorld.

Do this with ALL power removed from the system.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lostbow

Topic Starter

Starter

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
      You only need 1 battery and they usually last 5 years or longer. You can pick these 2032 batteries up just about anywhere, they are used in many different electronic devices, desktop computers, remotes, calculators, older LCD organizers, and some christmas decorations that are battery operated. Pretty much all stores that sell batteries with an electronics department or a photo department would have these, as well as some drug stores have these mixed in with the hearing aid battery rack, even though I have yet to see a hearing aid take one of these large batteries. There is even a family dollar out by me that sells a 2 pack of these for $1. I picked up a pack of 2 and probably would never need to use them.

No need to buy 5 of these!

Lostbow

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »
        ok thanks for the reply I will get them and let you know how it goes.