Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Minimum/maximum processor state keeps setting itself to 100%  (Read 4842 times)

Terran1212

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    On my laptop I noticed it'd get pretty hot when gaming and I'd start to get stuttering or freezing in games so I changed it so my maximum processor state would be 90% instead of 100% so that I could reduce my laptop heat. That worked, but often my computer resets the minimum and maximum processor states to 100% randomly and then I have to go in and manually make them 0/90 or 5/90. I don't have ati catalyst center which I heard causes this sometimes. What else could be causing the reset?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Minimum/maximum processor state keeps setting itself to 100%
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 02:40:36 AM »
    Do you have any "energy saving" software installed?  Programs like Gigabyte's Dynamic Energy Saver (DES) are known to cause this as the settings in that conflict with those set in Windows.  I don't know what laptop you have but some come with similar software installed, so that would be my first port of call.