Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE10 issue with Hulu commercials only  (Read 4532 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
IE10 issue with Hulu commercials only
« on: June 07, 2013, 03:55:02 PM »
My wifes computer stats:

HP Pavilion Tower
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz E6600 CPU
2GB 667Mhz DDR2 RAM
GeForce 9800GT with 1GB Video RAM ( latest nVidia driver installed )
160GB IDE HDD ( 50GB free )
30GB SATA II SSD ( 9GB free )
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

If she watches Netflix, Youtube, and other videos elsewhere and everything is fine. If she watches her favorite shows on Free Hulu the shows play perfectly fine but every commercial break the videos play for 2 seconds and sound and video stops for a second  and play again over and over again for the entire duration of the commercial which can't be bypassed.

I installed FireFox and the problem went away with FireFox.    BUT ... my wife doesnt like FireFox and insists she wants to stick with Internet Explorer so she is complaining to me to fix it.  ::)

I personally did away with IE a long time ago in favor of FireFox. The only time I use IE is at work and sometimes I have programs that make calls to the browser etc. But she wants it fixed and I cant find any problems with the IE browser on her system.

I installed a CPU/Memory monitor gadget to her Windows 7 desktop to watch the resources while this is happening. CPU 2 cores average around 60%, and there is 900MB RAM free, so its not starving for CPU or RAM. I already know that I have plenty of bandwidth, but performed a speed test from her computer to www.speedtest.net and it was nice and fast 20mbps download/ 12mbps upload.

Also made sure I had all the plugins for flash etc through www.adobe.com and all is up to date, as well as all MS updates are up to date.

Anyone know of anything I may have missed? Maybe a configuration band aid that I am unaware of for IE10 etc?

Really wish she would just switch to Firefox and make the fix easy since its just 1 site ( Free Hulu ) having this issue and only during commercials, and on FireFox its fine. I told her that if she has to have IE, she can use IE for everything else, but just use Firefox for Hulu and she is not happy with that...  ::) :-X

Many hits on google related to this, but if the computer had any issues, I'd expect the issues to be no matter IE or Firefox the same... That is why I am targeting IE10 as where I think the problem is, since it has the latest flash plugins for IE10 as well as Firefox... http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=hulu+commercials+that+stutter&oq=hulu+commercials&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l4.0.0.1.2240.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c..16.psy-ab.f1UG65CmfPM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47534661,d.aWc&fp=6f60f9a52066d00b&biw=1280&bih=828