Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cant reboot my system  (Read 4961 times)

janalise

cant reboot my system
« on: October 11, 2005, 08:32:58 PM »
my inspiron 1150 ha  been giving me alot of trouble, im not sure if i had a virus. so i decided to reboot my system again! well this time it says i am missing a file from windows and to reinstall.....but how can i do that if i cant get the computer to stay on? this computer has gave me problems since day 1

GX1_Man

Re: cant reboot my system
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 08:42:55 PM »
Is it still under warranty? What other problems have you had?

Sean_Richmond

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 08:58:43 PM »
If you have a warranty use it but if you dont......What do you mean by you can't get your computer to stay on?  Does it shut off automatically right after you boot up or does it just shut off at some random time after it  has been running?

janalise

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 09:59:42 AM »
it restarts after i take out the reboot cd asking for i file to be installed. i believe my warranty is up. i had problems when downloadin service pack 2 and when i dont anything on it i still get 50 million pop ups even if the internet is off

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 10:54:10 AM »
Do you have spyware/adware/virus protection running and up to date/ If not, that sounds like a real problem. Do you have the original CD's to restore your operating system?

I don't know that we can blame Dell for this one.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

janalise

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:07:33 PM »
thats wht im tryin to use.  my operaating cd and it tells me there is a file missing.  When i was hving probs wit the service pak dell told to reboot cuz i was unable to access any of my files.  Then my sound went out and they gave me a whole new mother boaard.  ive heard that the inspiron 1150 has given ppl problems.  i think im going to sell it and get a better model!  whoever caan fix it can have it.  im not even done payin for it and it iss giving me so many problems

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 01:09:44 PM »
 whoever caan fix it can have it.  

Send it this way, please.
:o :o :o :o :o

janalise

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 01:13:09 PM »
im still paying it off.  im not going to give it away for free.  it has wireless internet and everything...im so sad

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 01:22:38 PM »
my inspiron 1150 ha  been giving me alot of trouble, im not sure if i had a virus. so i decided to reboot my system again! well this time it says i am missing a file from windows and to reinstall.....but how can i do that if i cant get the computer to stay on? this computer has gave me problems since day 1

By reboot, did you mean reload the operating system? Because this is surely the first thing I would do.

janalise

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 01:23:46 PM »
yes but it wont let me.  it says there is  a file missing and to reinstall that file

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 01:36:27 PM »
Is this a Windows CD, or some kind of a restore CD?

If a Windows CD, just press F2 as the computer starts and make sure the CD is the first bootable drive. Hit escape to exit and the WIndows load should start. There are no extra files that should be needed.

Please advise as to the first question.

janalise

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 01:37:32 PM »
its the operating system cd.

GX1_Man

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 01:46:24 PM »
What happens when you follow the directions in part 2 of that post? Be sure and delete the present partitions and format it as FAT32. You are trying to make a new installation. Do not try to repair, or install over the top!

janalise

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 02:00:43 PM »
i cnt get to tht prt no more

GX1_Man

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 02:06:49 PM »
You cannot get to the F2 screen? If that is the case you have serious problems.  :o :o :o :o :o