Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop/Hard Drive  (Read 6885 times)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Laptop/Hard Drive
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »
... I bought an HP ProBook 4540s.  I'm very happy with it.  I no longer eat or drink near the computer.  I'm also purchasing new accidental damage protection for the computer...
I've had the ProBook 4530s for 2 years.   I don't like the keyboard but it has a "Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard".  I mostly use a wireless USB keyboard & mouse.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »
The computer originally cost me $587.  Micro Center gave me a repair estimate of $863.  They said that the following items needed to be replaced:  bottom cover, keyboard, motherboard, and daughterboard.

All i can say to this is...Shame on them.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
If you dont have a need for that troubled computer you can always sell it on ebay as a dead computer for parts only, missing hard drive. There is a good market out there for people who want to cannibalize or fix troubled computers mixing guts between like systems, or might need a display to fix their own computer that they sat on etc. If you stick it on there with a starting bid of $10 ot $20 and then advertise proper shipping for weight and box size to ship it in, you might end up with $50 or more in your pocket for it vs throwing it away and getting nothing for it as well as in some locations you have to pay to dispose of electronic waste to to lead and mercury etc which cant go in a normal landfill in many locations.