Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth  (Read 2886 times)

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Bluetooth
    « on: June 01, 2013, 06:30:16 PM »
    I am trying to get the photos from my cell phone (Samsung Smooth) to my computer which has Windows 7 Home on it. I have the bluetooth set up on the computer. The computer sees the phone and the phone has the the computer listed in it's bluetooth device list. But when I go to send an image it only has two choices on the phone, 1 - Picture Msg, 2 - To online Album. I was looking around the internet and I thought I read that there should be another option. I guess I was expecting to go into my Windows Explorer and see the phone listed so I could pull the photos off it (like a USB connection I guess). Does bluetooth work that way. If not what is the purpose of having a bluetooth connection to your computer?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bluetooth
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »
    I had a phone that I was able to remove the sd card out of and insert the sd card into a card reader and get my photos off of it before. Never tried the route through bluetooth. Telephone provider suggested I post them from phone directly to facebook or e-mail using the phones internet access feature at a cost per minute to retrieve photos to send them to PC.

I said .......it,  and attempted a USB connection between cell phone and PC with no luck unless I wanted to charge my phone even when trying to use tethering software. So I opened battery compartment and popped the sd card out and inserted it into my card reader of my wifes system and photos were there quickly accessible!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5802674_pictures-cell-phone-sd-card.html

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »
      I don't have a sd card in my phone. I considered sending them by email but I didn't want to spend the money on it. I guess I should have taken my real camera with me on the hike through the park today. I took a few grab shots now they're stuck on the phone.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »
      According to this page sending via Bluetooth is an option on your phone.
      Is Bluetooth enabled on the phone, and have you paired it with your computer?  Try deleting the pairing, restart the phone and PC, then try again.  Bluetooth can certainly be used that way, I did it myself on some odler phones I had, ones that didn't have a memory card and didn't do file transfer via USB.  Speaking of which, is that an option?  If your phone has a USB connection, plug it into your PC and see if you can access the internal storage.

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »
        I got every thing set up and tried to find the "Step 3 Select "Send" and then "Via Bluetooth" but couldn't find the "Via Bluetooth" option. I'll have to go through the whole thing again and see if I missed some thing.