Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook copy emails to word, clean up contacts etc  (Read 2944 times)

soaringeagle

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Outlook copy emails to word, clean up contacts etc
    « on: June 08, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »
    I have (believe it or not) tens of 000's of email msgs (outlook/XP). 000's of them I merely copied to a folder on the desktop and deleted them from outlook (I know I can copy them back into Outlook to use in that program.  I want to do following:
    1. Selectively copy senders and recipients into my contact and/or address book. Honest. I don't understand the difference. Helllup, pleeze
    2. Take two or more (preferably up to dozens, even hundreds at a time) and convert into one word document. Then I will massively edit, to one document (this includes many emails different people covering one subject, lots of unsnipped text, duplicated ad nauseum in subsequent exchanges of emails) and, thankfully delete the original emails.
    3. Set up outlook such that, I and I alone, and not MS programmers by default can decide to keep names and addresses of senders and recipients. Ideally I want to be prompted "keep email adress (and add selective detail myself).
    4. I want to clean up my address/contact books (What IS the difference?)  lot of duplicated addresses, superseeded addresses, incorrect addresses.
    Thank you verrrrrrrrrrry much. : :P