Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Internet Explorer  (Read 3663 times)

griffo120

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Problem with Internet Explorer
    « on: August 08, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »
    Hi there,
                  I have windows 8 and internet explorer 10 on my acer aspire v5-121 and I am currently having problems watching certain videos. Up until yesterday everything was fine however now when I try and watch certain videos once the video has began playing I get the busy icon, delayed responses to my requests, and huge lagging to the point of the page becoming unresponsive even with videos that were playing fine a couple of days ago. At first I thought it was my computers RAM so I did a memory test and no errors were found, I then discovered that in google chrome (with the pepper flash disabled) the same videos play fine and with no great difficulty to my computer. I gathered from this that it couldn't be my computer or internet connection else the problem would persist regardless of which browser I was using and came to the conclusion that it was IE10 that was the problem. So I reset my Internet Explorer settings thinking that some change had occurred which had become detrimental to it's performance and it made no difference, emptied the cache same result, does anybody know what the problem could be?

Thanks

Griffo120     

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problem with Internet Explorer
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »
    If this is your first time, Welcome to CH.

You have already done some testing. The issue is with the browser and plus-ins you use. There is no good reason to be loyal to either Microsoft or Google. And you should not have to troubleshoot their products.

Try another browser and another video plug-in.