Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unseen virus. plz help me  (Read 4863 times)

dude man

unseen virus. plz help me
« on: October 13, 2005, 07:33:01 PM »
i ran a norton scan on my windows 2000, and it said that there were two viruses on it. so, after it couldn't repair them, i quarintined it, and deleted the other one. plus, i still deleted another file i think had a virus. but a day later, i think there is still a virus because my comp automatically restarts itself after the desktop shows up (or supposed to show up). can someone explain to me what is happening? i'm pretty new at this, so don't ridicule me.

GX1_Man

Re: unseen virus. plz help me
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 08:17:47 PM »
Try the online virus scanner at www.trendmicro.com

It's free. Then follow the Raptor tips (about the fifth post down on this link)

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1128620259;start=5#5

dude man

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 03:52:53 PM »
thanks for the advice, but i cant even get online because once the desktop is supposed to appear, it automatically restarts by itself. is there anyway to stop that?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 03:57:50 PM »
    dude man...... Have you tried to start your pc in "SAFE"mode .
    If you can start in safe mode .........make sure you are not connected to the net .....and run your Norton AV again .........Is it up to date as far as subscription and updates ? 
    Do you have a floppy drive on that pc ?

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 03:59:16 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dude man

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 04:03:16 PM »
    dl65, thanks! no, i don't have a floppy in the drive or any other drive, but i actually never thought of safe mode. i never had this problem, plus i am new to the comp business, so i actually forgot about safe mode and never used it. my friend showed it to me a couple of days ago when his comp had a problem, and i forgot about it.

PS- when trying to start your comp into safe mode, you press F8 when it's starting, right? i just wanna make sure.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 04:29:15 PM »
      dude man.....Just repeatedly tap F8 as its starting up .

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.