Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant start up computer ?? :/  (Read 2154 times)

ivandrago_mustbreakyou

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
Cant start up computer ?? :/
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »
okay ive tried for hours to get this thing going but i just cant. So i bought a new graphics card and power supply, I put in the new card and powersupply and the computer would start up and shut down in about 2 seconds. I then rewired some stuff and put in my old card, it now boots up but regardless of the setting i choose (safe mode, last succesful recovery, etc.) it just goes to a black screen with my cursor. I also cannot get it to respond to f11 at the start up screen to perform a system recovery. I dont have the vista disk so i cant reinstall that way. any possible fix ?
"I'm not only the greatest, i'm the double greatest. Not only do i knock em' out, i pick the round."

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Cant start up computer ?? :/
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:09:02 PM »
What model is you PC? It is a desktop, -right?
What stuff did you repair? Fried  wires?
This PC has a COA product key for Vista?
If you have a second PC,  and can get on the Internet, you get  a copy of Vista equal to the one you had.

Let's say it was a Dell Inspiron, of something like that.

The above is a DVD for sale by somebody for under $25. But it requires you to have a Dell COA. Otherwise it will not help much.
Also, VISTA DVDs for HP are available.
The alternative is to download a copy from a legal server. You still have to have the  Dell COA.
Better yet, borrow a copy from a friend that has the same brand. If you have the product key, it is legal to borrow a DVD from somebody. But only if it is for the same brand.
Does that help any?

If you decide to buy a Vista DVD at retail, consider getting Windows 7 instead.