Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with battery. Suggestions?  (Read 2269 times)

Nystinicus

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Problem with battery. Suggestions?
    « on: July 03, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
    Hello

Okay ive got a little problem with my battery it seems. "Consider replacing your battery."
    I think i know how this happened. One day i was just doing my normal things on my computer, and i heard strangest sound. It was my laptop saying that the charger was not in correctly. This happened for around a week or so, Until i saw sparks flying out of the laptop charger "port" Or whatever you call it. Whatever it was, It came out of my computer. At the time, i thought it was the charger. I went to go buy a pretty expensive charger and after 2 days, The same thing happened. It started to constantly make a beeping sound (Means that the charger was being taken out and put back in). While i was trying to adjust it back in the charger "port", I once again saw sparks. I didnt really care back then, But now my battery is saying 98% available (Plugged in, Not charging) Consider replacing your battery.

Should i just stop worrying and buy a battery? Or might there be a bigger problem?

Thanks.

EDIT: Now it says fully charged 100%. Its the battery, right? Because my charger seems to be doing fine

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Problem with battery. Suggestions?
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »
    Sounds like the charger port on the laptop to me, may have also damaged your battery.  I'd take it to a local repair shop and ask them to have a look, they'll at least be able to tell you if the port is the issue.

Naltrexone

• Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem with battery. Suggestions?
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »
    The sparks indicate a short circuit.  The short could be in the jack, on the motherboard, or on a motherboard peripheral.  If you're not a tinkerer, then yes you'll have to bring it to a tech.  If you can attach an ohm meter to the positive pin on the jack, and the negative lead to any ground point, and your reading is less than a few ohms, then you've got a short.