Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Add picture to profile  (Read 5372 times)

foxygrandma

Add picture to profile
« on: July 09, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »
Operating System   System Model
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 3/1/2013 7:24:24 PM   ASUSTeK Computer Inc. K53E 1.0
System Serial Number: C4N0AS37835515H
Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor a   Main Circuit Board b
2.50 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2450M
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Hyper-threaded (4 total)   Board: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. K53E 1.0
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. K53E.219 03/06/2012
Drives   Memory Modules c,d
479.13 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
268.43 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device [Optical drive]
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8B0 [Optical drive]
Hitachi HTS545050B9A300 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 120320PBN406P7KDR3VE, rev PB4OC60N, SMART Status: Healthy
pny USB 2.0 FD USB Device [Hard drive] (16.04 GB) -- drive 1, s/n 0060E04DEF41AC4172CF73D5, SMART Status: Healthy   3874 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM0' has 4096 MB (serial number 9764CB97)
Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM0' is Empty
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM1' is Empty
     Local Drive Volumes
   c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 209.76 GB 102.38 GB free   
d: (NTFS on drive 0) 269.37 GB 166.05 GB free   
* Operating System is installed on c

I would like to add a picture of me and my brother on here  but  do not know how to do it. When time, would someone let me know.  Thank you.  Anna Ruth

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

foxygrandma

Re: Add picture to profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
    Does this help you? 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/choose-a-picture-for-your-user-account-and-start-menu

Thank you.    sorry to be late in answering as have had many computer problems and other.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
    Has your problem been solved?  I see no evidence that it has.

foxygrandma

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »

Thank you,  but have not had time.    Yesterday had to get another computer, an  HP laptop.  Well  after installing scads of windows updates, the darn computer would not restart, after I powered off and  restarted.  Took HP two hours to fix it.

Then today  I uninstalled a program from Revo uninstaller, then the darn computer turned off  by itself.    I restarted it and all it would do is take me to the desktop but with no folders or anything showing except the picture I had on it.   I had centered the picture but it took up the whole screen.   Started it again and did the same thing.   Tried to get into safe mode to do a system restore but would not let me get into safe mode, so I  called HP again.    Jusgt got off the line with them.  This time again close to two hours.

The c drive has 396 GB  free of 444 GB.   It is an HPprobook 4540s, Windows 7 Professional.  Installed ram is 4.00 GB, 3.88 GB usuable.   Several people told me NOT to get an HP,  but it was the only Windows 7 Target Direct had with a CD drive , except for an Asus which did not have a CD drive which I need as loads of CDs and DVDs.

I am typing this in Abi Word and now getting Abi Word is not working. now.    I have a Microsoft  Word 97 disk.  Will try to install it later.    I know there are a bunch of free Word programs but Word 97 did not give me problems.  Will get to picture when I can .  Meantime Going out to scream!

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 04:40:25 PM »
    Why not use WordPad?  I'm familiar with AbiWord and I'm not aware of any significant advantage of AbiWord over WordPad.  Word 97 *might* install OK but it's a very old version to be using with Windows 7.  Again, why not WordPad?

foxygrandma

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:55:01 AM »
    Why not use WordPad?  I'm familiar with AbiWord and I'm not aware of any significant advantage of AbiWord over WordPad.  Word 97 *might* install OK but it's a very old version to be using with Windows 7.  Again, why not WordPad?
    Soybean, I apologize for being so late as so many  computer problems.   been through 4 computers in three weeks as problems with laptop geting warm even if use cooling pad.   for two days have had a Sony with Windows Vista and same problem. The other computers had been Windows 7 - HP,
    gateway and cannot remember other.   Never before had problems with warm laptop, plus having problems recovering from the cancer surgery,  Plus cursor keeps jumping as it had on others.  Probaly will take this back too.

Again, my apologies.

foxygrandma

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:51 PM »
    do not think I will bother as this laptop  (Sony Vista)   gets warm also and cursor jumping all over. very nerve-wracking.   will probably return tomorrow

foxygrandma

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 01:25:11 PM »
    got a message in my mail from Howard K but do not find it on here

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »
    got a message in my mail from Howard K but do not find it on here

Don't worry, it was probably just a spam message which has been removed.