Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Google Desktop & Toolbar for IE  (Read 2795 times)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    Google Desktop & Toolbar for IE
    « on: July 03, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
    Hi again, I'm still hoping for a reply to my question in "Other" forum; meanwhile,  a few things IN RE Google.

I was wondering do I need the programs Google Desktop and Google Tool for Internet Explorer? If so, how are they helping. OR are they a drain and I can Remove them.

I went into ADD/REMOVE looking for GWA Program. While I didn't see it. I did see those two. I use the AOL Desktop with IE 8 on my cable modem connection. 

Thank you much...  :)
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

Scottastic

Greenhorn

• This message printed on 100% recyclable electrons.
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Google Desktop & Toolbar for IE
      « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »
      I use IE8, and don't use Google toolbar or desktop.  Did you try going to Tools/Internet Options/Settings(under search)?
      That should show you your ADD ONS, and some of them can be removed. I've found that some of the more mallicious add ons that get installed will have their "disable" button greyed out, and not functional.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
        Re: Google Desktop & Toolbar for IE
        « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »
        I am so jealous of ppl with tech skills. Me, I can't even post a screen shot. I wanted to post the settings page I clicked onto, I hit the key for a screen shot but I guess this site doesn't allow for them automatically.

However, if it does please direct me to the tag. Thanks
        If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.