Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laser mouse keeps disconnecting from Usb  (Read 2845 times)

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Laser mouse keeps disconnecting from Usb
    « on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:46 AM »
    I have a Perixx laser mouse and every so often I hear the windows sound that it has disconnected from the usb (link below).  My mouse become unresponsive for a short while until I hear the sound that it has reconnected and all works fine again. I would say it just does it randomly just now and then, but I cannot figure out whats wrong with it. I have tried some fixes that I thought would help, like changing it to a different usb port and I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I also looked on their website and it tells you to just use the window driver, so there is no manufacture driver for it. The only other thing I could think of is that I use a hard mouse mat and sometimes it gets oily from using it by hand. Do you you think this could cause it? That maybe the laser has run over a oily surface or something?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-MX-2000-Programmable-Gaming-Laser/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374162179&sr=8-1&keywords=perixx+mouse

Salmon Trout

Re: Laser mouse keeps disconnecting from Usb
    « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:44:56 AM »
    Possibly the mouse is faulty; have you tried it on another computer, and tried a different mouse?