Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I bought a Intel Pentium 4 MOBILE 3.06Ghz for my Dell Dimension 2400 {2 Problem}  (Read 3750 times)

dreadlyknife

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Im only receiving 1.6Ghz on it, I don't know why Im getting that Little of a Ghz I understand that its a mobile socket but I should be getting like at least 3.00Ghz, Can I make the speed faster.
     Even if I get a P4 3.06Ghz With HT I can not enable/disable in BIOS because I don't know the password. I tried removing the CMOS battery for 1 minutes and put it back in, I tried unplugging the Jumper and putting it back on. I need help with that also. I have recently bought this computer from someone else.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Im only receiving 1.6Ghz on it, I don't know why Im getting that Little of a Ghz I understand that its a mobile socket but I should be getting like at least 3.00Ghz, Can I make the speed faster.

Sounds like it's not fully compatible, it's probably running at the wrong multiplier or FSB speed.  I doubt there's anything you can do because options to change settings like those are not usually available in Dell BIOSes.

Even if I get a P4 3.06Ghz With HT I can not enable/disable in BIOS because I don't know the password. I tried removing the CMOS battery for 1 minutes and put it back in, I tried unplugging the Jumper and putting it back on. I need help with that also. I have recently bought this computer from someone else.

Ask them for the password.

dreadlyknife

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Sounds like it's not fully compatible, it's probably running at the wrong multiplier or FSB speed.  I doubt there's anything you can do because options to change settings like those are not usually available in Dell BIOSes.

I have the right one 533/512

Ask them for the password.

I have bought it off craigslist so I dont know the contact info. Is there anyway to reset it.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Not sure if a reflash attempt will clear it or not, but if CMOS battery or jumper doesnt do the trick, if there is a newer flash for it, I'd go that route, although I am not sure if a password protected bios can be flashed or if its write protected!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      I have bought it off craigslist so I dont know the contact info. Is there anyway to reset it.

I'd return it immediately...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "