Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8 installation stucks at midway  (Read 6207 times)

dipakharwara

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 8 installation stucks at midway
    « on: July 29, 2013, 07:47:24 AM »
    I have recently formatted my old windows. But now I am not able to install windows 8(actually even windows XP and seven) . When I try to boot from USB setup starts But 'Expanding windows files' (which is second step of installation) stucks at midway like at 14% or 52% or 74% i.e. at any arbitary percentage and nothing happens . Actually I am able to move my cursor but installation no more proceeds further . I have tried to format many times and to run installation but every time installation stucks at midaway without any error .

My laptop specs are as following:
    Acer aspire 5745 , 500GB HDD , 3GB RAM , intel core i3 processor .

If anyone has idea to fix this problem please do let me know . Any help will be appriciated . (Sorry if my english is poor)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 8 installation stucks at midway
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »
    Hard to say. Can you please explain what you think happened to your laptop?
    Did it have Windows 7? How old was it?
    If the laptop had a major failure with the HDD, doing a reformat does  not eliminate then problem. Did you not try the restore or repair features of the laptop?  Did it have a recovery partition?

dipakharwara

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:19:31 AM »
      @Geek- 9pm : My laptop suddenly went extremely slow. I had windows 8.1 recently installed . So I decided to format and install 8. After formatting when I tried to install windows 8 , It took much long time than usual and not even installed successfully . Installation process was very slow and stucked at midway(in expanding windows files while installation) . Now whenever I try to install windows it stucks at midway. I does not have recovery partition. Can you suggest me anything?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:16:44 AM »
      In other words, you had a warning that something was wrong and nyou ndecided to try Windows 8. In general,  installing a new OS is not the best way to  isolate a possible hardware issue.

Frankly, the best  recommendation is to get another hard drive and try to install the same OS you had before. It does not have to be a new drive, just one that works. The failure rate of Hard drives is not easy to determine. Sometimes they go for years. When you system slows down, that is often a sign of coming HDD failure.

A quick check on eBay has Fujitsu 120 GB Internal 5400 RPM,2.5"  for about $20 and come with a 14 day return policy. That is a whole lot cheaper than going to a local technician, if you live in California.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 01:38:16 PM »
      Where is this Win8 DVD from ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dipakharwara

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »
        Ok . Thanks to all for replying . There was a problem with my HDD . So I have replaced it it with new one . The topic can now be closed .