Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: audiodg lagging system  (Read 8098 times)

Cricket_Lover

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Guru
    Re: audiodg lagging system
    « Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
    Bump again

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
    Only thing that comes to mind here is you have an incorrect driver installed for that card...New drivers aren't always better drivers.
    Revert to the original and post back with the results...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Cricket_Lover

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Guru
      « Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »
      I don't know what the original driver version was, but I have had this version installed for quite some ages, likely since December; my OP states that I reinstalled the drivers, not updated them.

Also potentially relevant, but I have Beats completly disabled right now; both the Beats tray program and the IDT audio "service" (despite seeming to have disappeared from services.msc, but it was in the services.exe process tree). It was for testing lag, and IIRC it helped a bit, but not nearly enough. I got a 35% audiodg usage earlier today.

EDIT: Just happened again, I saw the error reporting service start; checking the past logs confirms that the error reporting service is starting when the lag spike ends. Any way to log what is causing the service to start? Already checked the action center, no recent reports; I also don't see anything in the log viewer aside from it starting and stopping 3min later.
      « Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:01:43 PM by Cricket_Lover »