Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CAN'T RUN THE FOLLOWING SERVICES: Computer Browser & Net Login  (Read 19901 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: CAN'T RUN THE FOLLOWING SERVICES: Computer Browser & Net Login
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
Personally i would think that's alot of grief just to authenticate the PropellerHead software...
My buddy runs it along with Guitar Port and 3 other mixing apps...

Call them and have them issue you an authentic activation # for the paid software.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Propellerhead, a music production website, told me that my network setup is possibly preventing me from connecting to an authorization software on their website. Propellerhead  told me to see if could get the Computer Browser and Netlogon services to work properly. I stated in my earlier messages what the two services were doing when I tried enabling them.
... authorization to do what?   Is it something more than downloading music?  I see they have a support forum at https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3.  Have you tried using it? 

Edit: I did not see patio's last post before I posted.

Video Gamkie

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »
    Dear Patio and Soybean,

It's an activation for an upgrade of Reason 4.0. The upgrade is a downloadable version Reason 7.0. I have Reason 7.0 demo on my desktop and everytime I run the demo, I'm directed to three options (Run in demo mode, Run with Internet verification or Register and authorize).

I always choose Register and authorize, which directs to Propellerhead's log-in screen and instructs me to authorize the upgrade (Reason 7.0) which I always failed. It says no Authorization software found on the screen. However, when I choose Run with Internet verification, I get the following error: Log-in failed due to network error-------   The authorization server failed to respond. This indicates a problem with your Internet connection. Please verify that your Internet connection works correctly and then try again.

I will call Propellerhead to see if it's possible to issue me an authorization for my software, and I'll see if I can get some help from the forum.

Yours Truly,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Video Gamkie,