Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: is there anyway to get documents back  (Read 2577 times)

screwed_101

is there anyway to get documents back
« on: October 15, 2005, 02:48:10 PM »
ok.. i was in areslite last night and there was 10000 thigs in it and all i wanted was songs because it would take so long to load..so i deleted them all from ares...well this morning i went on and everything in our computer is gone..i restored the computer to yesterday and it didn't work..i said everything stayed the same..i think im screwed and i need all the help i can get becasue its just me home and my whole family is in Las Vegas and i need to fix this be4 they get home 2moro .. could you plz help me otherwise ill never do nething ever again cuz we had very important documents in there becasue my mom works from this computer.. thanks if anyone can help me..godd im in s**T!

GX1_Man

Re: is there anyway to get documents back
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 02:56:54 PM »
Leave it alone and fess up to it. If you start monkeying around and writing files, or moving files,you will not be able to retrieve them. You might look in the recycle bin to see if there's 9000 there, but if you find 'em you better leave 'em alone!

Part of responsiblility is taking willingly the consequences of your actions, not just trying to cover them up. Be honest with everyone and you will have a better life.

Mac

Is there anyway to get documents back?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 07:27:25 AM »
I was in Ares Lite last night and there were 10,000 things in it and all I wanted were songs because it takes so long to load.

So I deleted them all from Ares. Well this morning I went on and everything in our computer is gone.

I restored the computer to yesterday and it didn't work.  Everything stayed the same.

I think I am in trouble and I need all the help I can get because it is just me at home, my whole family is in Las Vegas, and I need to fix this before they get home tomùorrow.

Could you please help me otherwise I'll never do anything ever again because we had very important documents in there as my Mother works from this computer.

Thanks.

Let your Mother deal with it. Just say what you have done and she will probably show you how to put it right. If you make another wrong move you could make the drive unrecoverable.

If she wants to ask advice we could possibly help her or she may have a Forum which she uses already.

(Spam? I thought we were dealing with Corned Beef ;D )
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 07:30:41 AM by Mac »

n0ne

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 04:15:57 PM »
Just for future reference: deleting files from a file-sharing program like that more often than not that deletes them from your hard drive too. Sometimes, depending on what program you use there might be a check box that says "delete from hard drive also" (or something similar), so make sure you always take the check mark out first.

akfaka

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 04:18:56 PM »
Hey, if you want to learn something, here is what ro do.

First of all, please learn to write more clearly in normal English so that everyone can understand you. The more people understand you the more they can help you.

Secondly, if I understand correctly, you have deleted the files, but it is not hopeless yet. Just DONT install anything at this point except a data/file recovery program.  You can go online at CNET and downlod it, some of them are free.

Richard.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 04:43:41 PM »
Don't let her make it worse for herself!

we're hoping personal responsibility takes hold.