Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: INSTALLING MOTHERBOARD, MEMORY, SOUND CARDS, ETC ETC IN A CHASSIS  (Read 3322 times)

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Sir, I wish to intall all the hardware in my working Computer in a different chassis; this is because the main ON SWITCH is not functioning properly; the chassis is  about 8 years old. I have to several times try to "boot" my PC.  and then when once  it boots, the  PC  goes on working well . The problem reappears when I shut down and try to reboot after sometime. I think, changing the CHASSIS ( THE CASE ) WILL  SOLVE THE PROBLEM. NOW MY QUESTION ---- will I be able to do this myself ? Is it very difficult ? Or if done carefully, it is easy like installing a different Operating System ? I have successfully installed new OS two or three times. Will  somebody PLEASE  guide me " STEP-BY-STEP"  ; I did try to find help about this in "FREE HELP" section of COMPUTER HOPE ; but I did not find help. Thanks in advance ------ Dr.JOSHI  AUG-05-2013  04:45:PM IST..
DrBhaiyya

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: INSTALLING MOTHERBOARD, MEMORY, SOUND CARDS, ETC ETC IN A CHASSIS
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 05:27:08 AM »
Moving to a new case isn't really hard assuming two things:
  • You are confident enough working with PC components and handle them properly
  • Your computer uses standard form factor components e.g. ATX, MicroATX or ITX

However, the issue that you have described may or may not be the power button (I've seen this issue caused by bad PSUs in the past) so I would look into this first.  If you have a multimeter you can use this to test the power button, otherwise you can use a metal object like a screwdriver to short the pins on the motherboard that the power button connects to turn on the PC, if it still struggles to start doing this, then I would look at other causes and not the power button.

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: INSTALLING MOTHERBOARD, MEMORY, SOUND CARDS, ETC ETC IN A CHASSIS
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »
Thanks very much for a very prompt guidance Mr.Camerongray !. I will now check PSU, AND ITX  as advised by you, and find out if things improve. Thanks again .
DrBhaiyya