Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Can you help me get my bookmarks back?! :'(

?
1 (100%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Please Help...Mozilla problems  (Read 2912 times)

emily_rose887

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Please Help...Mozilla problems
    « on: August 11, 2013, 01:21:30 PM »
    Hi. So recently my computer was infected with spy/adware..such as that *censored* Babylon toolbar, FunMoods, IMtoolbar and some Turbo thing. I ran a SpyHunt scan with the free scanner and it found several threats, however, as I don't have the money right now it of course told me to buy the program to get rid of it. I just clicked on the threats ad removed them myself.. Now, one of the threats was in  the C:/Users/Vaio/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Profiles folder and stupidly, desperately wanting to get these annoying things outta my system  deleted the folder. I then got then a message saying it cannot be loaded, so I deleted the profiles.ini file to create a new profile..Great, now my Mozilla works..my bookmarks re however, GONE.. I am devastated. I had several bookmarks in there. I then installed "Recuva" to attempt to get the deleted folders from the recycle bin back..however, of course that particular one won't show. Please, please dear god let me be able to get my bookmarks back. I am going to pull out all of my hair..Please, tell me there is SOMETHING I can do?! I feel like an idiot right now. Thank you... I have faith I can return them. :'( Heeellp!!!!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Please Help...Mozilla problems
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »
    Sorry, your faith is not well founded.

For what it is worth, before making any important changes to your system, you must have a backup plan already in place. Have you ever made any backups? If so, an older copy of your bookmarks is there.

Have you ever let IE import settings from FireFox? There would be another copy of your older bookmarks.

Mozilla has tools that let you import and import  settings. Both between browsers and machines. And between Users.
    Sorry, that is the best I can do.

Too late now. This is for future reference.
    Windows 7 : Easy Transfer Files, Users and Settings to new or same computer
    Import or Export Configuration Settings, and Computer Group