Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need HP 6480 All In One Printer Paper jam/Cartridge Carrier Jam Help  (Read 3004 times)

jackmldk

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I have an HP 6480 all in one printer,scanner,copier, fax. I encountered a paper jam using the ADF while making a copy. After clearing the  feeder jam, and finding no other paper jams I attempted to make the copy using the flat glass panel. When I pressed the copy button, a loud grinding noise was heard from the front right side in the area of the printer cartridge carrier, and a Paper jam message was displayed. After no other paper jams were located and pressing the OK button, the grinding sound in the area of the cartridge carrier was heard again. Paper was fed and the page was printed, but the cartridge carrier appears to be hung up on something that I can not see. I can slide the carrier left from it normal rest position but when it automatically resets and starts a new print function there is the gear grind sound.
    My question is; Is there a way to safely & easily remove the  cartridge carrier and see what might be causing the grinding /obstruction sond.
    I have attempted to align and clean the cartridges but receive a failure messages. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Need HP 6480 All In One Printer Paper jam/Cartridge Carrier Jam Help
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
    I suggest you contact HP