Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Horrible Display with New PC and Monitor  (Read 2986 times)

C_Dub

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Horrible Display with New PC and Monitor
    « on: August 10, 2013, 10:16:30 PM »
    Hello. I'm new to this site so if I am posting in the wrong place then i'm sorry and I will repost in the correct subforum. Three days ago i received the Gamer Xtreme 1353 from CyberPower and the ASUS VG Series VG278H Monitor. The GPU is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 650. I have the monitor and gpu connected via an hdmi cable. The screen resolution is set to 1920x1080 (native) yet the screen is very blurry and text is quite distorted. I have the latest driver for the gpu, however the VG278H only has drivers for windows xp/7. I did attempt to download the windows 7 driver (not sure if this is a good idea anyway) however it said no system hardware could be detected. Any help would be very much appreciated

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

C_Dub

Topic Starter

Re: Horrible Display with New PC and Monitor
      « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:38:17 AM »
      I have the latest driver for the graphics card, not exactly sure what else i can do.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      Re: Horrible Display with New PC and Monitor
      « Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:54:10 AM »
      Are you able to test either the monitor on another PC, or the PC on another monitor,. to determine which is causing the problem?  Alternatively does the monitor support a different input, like DVI or Displayport, which you could try to see if it's just the HDMI causing problems?