Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Universal Drivers  (Read 4113 times)

littlebird3450

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Universal Drivers
    « on: August 15, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
    Hello Dears,

I need universal drivers for windows xp have an website for which gave a largest universal drivers or zip file of drivers need ibm and hp drivers please gave me url of tat site

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Universal Drivers
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 02:12:28 PM »
    I am not aware of a bundled driver for those brands that cover every product ever made that is XP compatible. I have yet to see a driver package that covers all universally. If you found some other manufacturers that have universal drivers for all products ever made to cover all chipsets etc... please share. If one was to exist, it would be a very large package since when it comes to HP, some of the driver packages for printers are 150MB and larger in size each and they are specific for the specific printer such as the HP All-in-one Office jet 5610 that we have.

As far as drivers go, I keep a folder with a copy of all drivers ever needed for all computers I have, so that if I have to rebuild them, I can use the drivers I have that are known to work well with the hardware. I then update video drivers and usually leave it at that unless there are bug fixes, in which I will place a newer copy of the driver in this folder and save that for the next clean build.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 02:25:19 PM »
    Universal drivers are not as good as the specific hardware and OS driver.
    And the are not literally universal.  It they were, they would not exists because such wouldn't be needed. The OS world already have it.

Understandably, component makers get tired of making different versions for very little variation. So they  offer a large monster package the has everything they ever made in one place.

Still, there has been efforts to  simply the cataloging and archiving of all the different drivers. So far, not a huge benefit. For more info:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hardhat/
    The project sis a work in progress.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
    You need to post the devices you need drivers for...otherwise this is all guesswork
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "