Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need HELP Please - emachines T3642 won't load windows Vista  (Read 3115 times)

Jgl923

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Need HELP Please - emachines T3642 won't load windows Vista
    « on: September 04, 2013, 01:50:34 PM »
    Hi, I'm trying to help my neighbor. He has a T3642 that boots to the recovery screen/start normal screen, but won't go any further. I choose recover, nothing happens. I choose start normal, it just reboots. I've checked the internals, all looks normal. I checked the bios, all looks normal..........

Any idea's on this before I wipe the whole thing back to factory specs?

He's got family pics he would like to save, otherwise he could care less. Just trying to help with that (saving the pics) before I wipe it....

Thanks
    Jim

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Need HELP Please - emachines T3642 won't load windows Vista
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »
    What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Need HELP Please - emachines T3642 won't load windows Vista
    « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »
    If all you need to do is retrieve some data before a wipe and clean install you can hook it up to any working PC as a slave drive...
    Slave Drive Tutorial...
    The other option...same concept would be buying an external HDD enclosure...get one with A/C power if you decide to go this route.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "