Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer disfunctioning driving me insane  (Read 7166 times)

RoiMan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer disfunctioning driving me insane
    « Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
    Not sure if you're saying that jokingly or not, but an off brand (low quality) PSU can be the root cause of many issues, even if they're seemingly unrelated.  Even if it appears to work fine, the voltage can easily go out of spec especially when loaded up, and this can damage hardware over time.  They can even explode or set on fire.  I'm not saying buying a known good quality unit means it will run forever and never die, but I am saying there's no point scrimping on the power supply of all things.

What do you define as a good, fair price PSU?  XFX and Antec make a lot of good quality units at reasonable prices.  Corsair make some "OK" and some very good units, but you often pay more for the name.  Seasonic make excellent units and in fact actually make all of XFX's units, some of Antec and Corsair's, and many more, but again they tend to be priced higher.  There are a lot of good units and a lot of bad ones, if you give us a rough price range we can certainly recommend a good one.

As an 18 years old facing the army soon, I make amall amounts of money.. I say I could invest around 100$ on a new PSU. Maybe a bit more.