Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Certain browsers not working fully?  (Read 5305 times)

Chachii

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Certain browsers not working fully?
    « on: September 11, 2013, 03:33:37 AM »
    Well, I'm looking at different browsers for vending on Steam, and a couple Internet Explorer based browsers don't function properly, meaning they won't let me purchase goods off of the market.

Since I'm vending, I'm looking for the fastest browser I can get that runs the scripts on the site.  The one I found most efficient was Crazy Browser; albeit the last update was 2 years ago.

The problem occurs when purchasing anything I see that I can afford, I get the following message:

"There was a problem purchasing your item. The listing may have been removed. Refresh the page and try again."

Now I've done a lot of checking out with different browsers, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer itself, and a few others that have engines based of IE that work no problem, except they're slow.  Upgrading internet isn't an option, and wouldn't be too efficient if there was a faster browser that I could use if it worked, right? 

My computer specs: 
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 8GB Ram, AMD Phenom x4 Processor, and an NVIDIA GTX 560 GPU.  All of my Adobe applications are up to date, and I'm pretty sure about Java as well.  I'm running 64-bit on those as well.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Certain browsers not working fully?
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:15:53 PM »
    If Steam is the Valve Steam Gaming/Software site, I had an issue recently myself where I had to uninstall it and reinstall it. But issues I was getting were that I was able to access my software library, but it said I was offline, yet I was able to search online at titles. The problem I faced was when downloading a free game or demo to try out it wouldnt download and complained I was offline even though I was online, tried to select to switch to offline mode and then online mode to force it to go online and it still stated offline. Uninstalling Steam and Reinstalling the Steam Client Fixed this and I was able to purchase a $2.49 game which was 75% off the $9.99 original price tag with no problems. I use Firefox 99.9% of the time and IE .1% of the time when software that requests to register etc pull up IE instead of FF by a direct IE "url" call.

BTW even though you do not want to upgrade your internet, what do you have for internet connection? And what do you have for bandwidth at www.speedtest.net for download and upload speed?