Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New TV Monitor is Grainy and Wont Fit to screen  (Read 2684 times)

MarioIsL337

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    New TV Monitor is Grainy and Wont Fit to screen
    « on: September 24, 2013, 05:47:02 AM »
    So I recently obtained a 1080p Monitor, but when I set my resolution 1920 x 1080 it does not fit my screen correctly (the top is cut off a bit) and it looks extremely grainy all the time. 

It is a Samsung T24B350 and I my graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series.

I was in the CCC before and I changed an option, I forgot what option it was but, it let me scale it to my screen better. This caused the top of the screen to get caught off (before there was black bars around the edges). 

Help would be appreciated to get rid of the grainyness and the screen cut :D

TY

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: New TV Monitor is Grainy and Wont Fit to screen
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:48:58 AM »
    It can be better understood if you can post a snapshot of your monitor with that problem.

Before that, have you tried playing with those menu buttons on the monitor which help you to adjust the screen size? If even after changing resolution the image goes out of the borders of the monitor, try changing those settings from the monitor panel.

MarioIsL337

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »
      Wow, I feel extremely stupid.... It seems that the problem is fixed.  Thank you very much for being helpful.

This is how i fixed the problem.  I set my overscan back at 0% ( getting rid of the grains ), than I went inside the TV options and selected an option that said "Fit to screen". 

Yet another problem solved because of Computer Hope forum . 

TY again

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:58:03 AM »
      Great!!  :)

Glad I was able to help you :)

erwinia

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »
        I had the same problem thanks to this excellent information I could fix it. Thanks  :)